Frequently Asked Questions
What is the seating capacity of The Room?
- Our private event space can seat up to 50 guests comfortably, but at maximum capacity can accomodate up to 70 guests for a plated dinner.
Can I bring my own alcohol?
- Patrons are welcome to bring their own selection of wines, which we will open and pour for a corkage fee of $20 per bottle. Per North Carolina law, outside beer and liquor are not permitted.
Can I take my alcohol to-go?
- Open containers of alcohol are not permitted to leave the premises. If any bottle-only wines remain unfinished at the close of an event, they can be recorked and taken home. Liquor and beer must remain onsite.
Is there a deposit or rental fee?
- To secure a reservation with The Room, we do require a $250 non-refundable deposit which is applied to your final contracted price. We have a room rental fee of $250 which is covered by the initial deposit.
I have to cancel my event; can I get my deposit back?
- Unfortunately, deposits made to secure a reservation in The Room are non-refundable.
Do we have our own bar?
- Yes! The Room boasts its on private bar area (with an option for draft beer) as well as private restrooms for you and your guests. In effect, The Room is completely private and a separate part of JohnnyLukes.
How many servers will we get?
- Generally speaking, we utilize 2-3 attendants in The Room per 25 guests. The actual number may vary depending on whether your event is buffet-style or plated.
Can we order food of the JohnnyLukes menu?
- Given the nature of the banquet space, we primarily offer buffet-style dining or pre-set plated dinner service. Limited menus of your favorite JL's items may be created on a case-by-case basis.
Can we get separate checks in The Room and when do we pay?
- Payment is required in full at close of your event with us. We are able to provide separate tabs in the event of a cash bar, but food items cannot be separated in The Room.
Is onsite parking available?
- The Room is adjacent to JohnnyLukes Kitchenbar and shares a large public parking area with neighboring businesses.
Can I bring my own decorations?
- Yes, outside decorations are welcome. We're happy to order specialty linens upon request for an additional fee. We do kindly ask that patrons refrain from decorations involving confetti or glitter.
We're celebrating a birthday or anniversary; can I bring my own cake?
- Outside cakes are permitted, however the contracted price will include a $15 cake cutting fee.
Do you require masks?
- At this time, masks are not required in either JohnnyLukes Kitchenbar, JL's Loft nor The Room at JohnnyLukes. Masks may be worn by any of our team members or patrons who wish to do so.